TV 2 lost connection but not TV 1

ndcoop

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
We have two tv's via a 722 dvr. I am a complete novice even though I have been with dish for a few years. Tonight, TV2 lost a signal while TV1 was fine. I decided to go into menu and look at the reception under "point dish". 119 showed very low signal strength, so I changed the transponder to a different number. There was an immediate increase in signal strength. Now, given that I have no idea what I did, I have a few questions:
1. Did the change of the transponder have anything to do with correcting the problem with TV2? TV2 found the signal back and is now working, but I thought it might just be coincidence.
2. Should a person like me (novice), even mess around with changing transponders? I know it is a little late to ask, but if it is ok to do, I might mess with them in the future to increase signal strength.
3. I was getting signal strength of around 50 on 119 and 129. However, 61.5 was lower. Anything to be concerned about? Could I change responder for 61.5 to increase the strength, or just leave it alone? Thanks in advance for any help with my issue. This has been a great site for info.

All you're doing is checking signal strength, can't hurt anything doing that. When you go to that window (MENU-6-1-1) it'll show you the signal strength of the transponder for the channel you've just been viewing on the applicable satellite. Signal strength should be at least in the 40's for a reliable signal. To check it on rhe TV2 tuner just left click to change the tuner #. Have you checked the coax connection from your receiver to TV2? Could just be a loose/bad connection.
Good luck!

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts