TV 2 suddenly not working

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gowrone

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Springfield MO
It worked fine yesterday when I woke up, but last night there was a message on my TV that I can't read since I'm blind. Have enough vision to know the message is there, but I can't read it. Hitting channel up and down does nothing. I woke up today, and I couldn't wake up the TV by hitting select. I know that screen it was there, because I can see that the Dish logo appears. I reset the receiver twice, no change. Can anyone help? I have a dish 322. TV one works fine.

I think you are going to need someone with sight to come over and see what is going on. Better if they know about DISH receivers but at least he can give you more info that you can ask us.
Snow on the Dish, loose connection, etc etc.

Hey there! No offense, but since you are blind this would be a little hard to troubleshoot. We do have new Accessible Friendly equipment that can read you what is on screen and also there is descriptive audio available. I think that this may be best to call us at 1-800-333-3474 for details on getting an upgrade

It worked fine yesterday when I woke up, but last night there was a message on my TV that I can't read since I'm blind. Have enough vision to know the message is there, but I can't read it. Hitting channel up and down does nothing. I woke up today, and I couldn't wake up the TV by hitting select. I know that screen it was there, because I can see that the Dish logo appears. I reset the receiver twice, no change. Can anyone help? I have a dish 322. TV one works fine.
Because you can see the Dish Logo on your TV2, it doesn't appear to be cabling or the output from your 322, or that your second TV's channel got changed. It could be something as simple as the batteries in the remote going bad (I just had that happen to my bedroom set.)

If you still have the problem, do you have a tablet or smartphone with a camera that you could use to take a picture of your TV so we can see the message? I'll assume from your post that you have some form of assisted vision technology. I don't know if that means you have an application that does text recognition that might give you a hint as to the message box that appears on your TV.

SatelliteGuys is here to help the best we can.

I do not know if you already tried this, but did you press the SAT mode button (in the top left corner of the remote) before pressing Select? The button should glow with a red or green light (depending on the model of the remote control) when you press it. If the SAT button glows green, it will also turn on the receiver when you press it. If the SAT button glows red, you still need to press Select to turn on the receiver. I hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)