TV 2 UHF remote works intermittently

mclarceny

Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
I just installed a 722 with a dish 1000+. The last thing I needed to do was program the number 2 remote and make sure it worked. It did not. First I thought it might be on the wrong channel, so I took it to TV1 and went to the system info, changed the remote channel (change it to 7), and hit record. Nothing changed at first, but after pressing record a number of times it finally change the remote channel on the system info screen.

Phase 2:
Even though I was 5 feet from the 722, I decided to make an extension cable and get the UHF antenna out and in the open. So to test this I put the 722 in single mode( so i could control tv 1 with the uhf remote), and started pressing away. Some times the it would change the channel and sometimes it wouldn't, about 50-50. Put the remote right up to the antenna and it seems to work fine, but my problem is getting it to work 2 rooms over when its not working 5 feet from the 722.

I have never gotten a reciever or a remote fresh out of the box that has behaved this way. Anyone ever have a problem like this? I plan on getting a new antenna and remote ( and reciever for that matter) and figuring it out but any input would help. Luckily the install was for a friend and I can go back tomorrow.

Thanks for any input.

Or try new batteries. Make sure the cable to the UHF wire is not shorted and is plugged into its input and not the external antenna RF as they are both F connectors.

-Ken

I switched the remote to band B(the switch under the battery cover) and it worked perfectly. Weird. Thanks for the ideas guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)