TV Adjustment DVD???

Diamond Dog

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
I know the best thing to do it to have one of those calibration experts come into your house and to spend $600 to calibrate your TV.

Are there any less expensive alternatives (that will be good but probably not as good)? A DVD or something?

BTW, I orginally started a thread and poll about my Standard Defination TV not being that clear. I have sinced followed everyones advice and adjusted the contrast, brightness, and sharpness down and my picture is so much better!

A lot of the DVDs that have THX have a THX optimizer that you can use as a start. Most of the Disney DVDs have the THX

I own Avia, Sound & Vision and Digital Video Essentials. For the novice who is not inteested in service menu tweaks, I recomend Sound and Vision. For the hardcore Avia is great. DVE is somwhere in between and a little more difficult to move around the menu tha the others. Of course a THX opitmizer is sufficient for most people. Its only fault is the tendancy to have contrast a bit higher than average.

I ended up purchasing a Mitsu 65611 HDTV through a friend of a business associate that works for Mitsubishi corporate. When I asked him if he thought it would be usefull to have it professionally calibrated for a couple of hundred dollars, he said basically don't waste your money.The calibrate button on the tv restores everything to the original factory settings.

I am NOT advocating anything...just relaying an opinion from someone who is probably in the know.

Echostar satellites

What channels would everyone like added to DISH?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts