Tv is going in for service

huskerpat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
Omaha, NE
My plasma needs to be serviced. I've got an old 19" i plan on connecting while it's gone. am I going to have difficulty viewing HD programing on the tv? Obviously not in HD, but will it down res the picture on HD channels to 480i assuming I set the res on the dvr to 480i? I'm mostly concerned about accessing all the programs we record in HD.

My plasma needs to be serviced. I've got an old 19" i plan on connecting while it's gone. am I going to have difficulty viewing HD programing on the tv? Obviously not in HD, but will it down res the picture on HD channels to 480i assuming I set the res on the dvr to 480i? I'm mostly concerned about accessing all the programs we record in HD.

If your plasma isn't covered by warrenty, you may want to consider a new set. You could be looking at a grand+ locally and as much as twice that if shipping is needed.:D

If your plasma isn't covered by warrenty, you may want to consider a new set. You could be looking at a grand+ locally and as much as twice that if shipping is needed.:D

It's under warranty, so that's no biggie. if it wasn't, I'd be screwed. The repair guys think it's either a failing panel or board.

As long as you set the output resolution to 480i, you'll be fine. You may have to hit the "format" button if it's too stretched, smooshed, or cut-off, but you should be able to find something that's acceptable. I currently have a VIP222 hooked up to two SD tv's, one on TV1 and the other on TV2 (through the modulator). They both look fine on HD or SD content, and I actually think the HD content still looks a little better even on my SD tv's. May just be my mind playing tricks on me, though... :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)