TV Japan

I think it's pretty sad that someone decided to give out her office email address instead of letting her or one of the other dirt members decide if they wanted to give it out. If it were me, I wouldn't want my work email plastered on a public website for all to see.
But she was the one who originally gave it out.:eek:

I am so sorry that your friends installation ended up like this. Please see if you can have him contact me directly, either here or at my e-mail marycatherine.brady@dishnetwork.com. I will need his account information so i locate the dispatch and see about getting his install corrected ASAP! Thank you!

Kinda surprised that her inbox is full. I'm sure she gets lots of PMs but I would hope that they increased the PM limits for the DIRT member accounts on this board, I'd be very surprised if that wasn't done.

it was. They have a pretty large inbox :)

I'll remind Mary to clear out some of the messages in her in-box. We want to make ourselves as available as we can to our customers. I know Mary and I have posted our email addresses on questions at Yahoo Answers, and if you search around you will see that there are a number of our team members that post their email addresses on different social media outlets. Don't be shy about emailing us directly. If Matt, Mary, or Zach are unavailable, you can send me a PM here or contact me directly at Raymond.Gonzales@DishNetwork.com. Thanks!

I think it's pretty sad that someone decided to give out her office email address instead of letting her or one of the other dirt members decide if they wanted to give it out. If it were me, I wouldn't want my work email plastered on a public website for all to see.
Unless, of course, it was (a) her job to respond to such emails, and (b) originally posted by her to begin with, as is abundantly clear from the quoted text.

if they want their emails that's their choice...I hope people use the heck out of it and get the help they need! :up

I looked for the answer because it sounded like OP was already working with MaryB on an issue and I know she has given out her e-mail herself several times and not just here. My reservation is that people will think they need their own personal DIRT member to help them when they might not be available and inundate the more publicly proactive ones to the point they're doing more workload distribution than problem resolution.

For new issues, I prefer the oft-given suggestion to go to the bottom of the forum listing and pick from whoever's on-line at the moment. Or you could post a new topic, maybe even mention them in the title (something like Attn DIRT: Help with _____) and see who bites. That, of course, is after you've done a search and skimmed a few pages of recent thread titles and not found one to add an "I also need help" post to.

Ya'll are NUTS!

Message sent:
I am still getting tv japan on 61.5, when I don't I will leave dish and go to cable.
Can you tell me when that will be?
NLOS to 118.7.

ee riggin
acct #

NOWHERE is information available! She does not know either.

I'll remind Mary to clear out some of the messages in her in-box. We want to make ourselves as available as we can to our customers. I know Mary and I have posted our email addresses on questions at Yahoo Answers, and if you search around you will see that there are a number of our team members that post their email addresses on different social media outlets. Don't be shy about emailing us directly. If Matt, Mary, or Zach are unavailable, you can send me a PM here or contact me directly at Raymond.Gonzales@DishNetwork.com. Thanks!

I sent Matt a PM what 5 Days ago? no response to date..Ah well!!

dirts don't know xhit
tv japan gone
me gone

I am sorry, tansu. I wish there was some way I could get you TV Japan on another satellite other than 118.7. TV Japan was moved to another virtual channel today but the exact day of the removal from 61.5 has not been released.

I really unsure how I missed this whole thread for 5 days, wow!:yikes

tv japan gone
me gone
You may have some alternatives, depending on where you live. All the major cableco's offer TVJapan in or near large metro areas, as does Verizon and ATT for their IPTV offerings. (I can assume you are on the East coast, judging from your LOS.) And, if you are lucky enough to live in a Time Warner area in NYC or (not so lucky) in NJ, you can see the NHK programming in its original HiVision!

Also, you can set up a DVR (hdd recorder) in a relative or friend's home in Japan, and use a Slingbox to stream it to your place in the US. If you have a Google TV device or an HTPC, you can use that to watch it on your HDTV. If you do that, I recommend buying the Japanese model of Slingbox, as it comes loaded, and has JP tech support for, Japanese-specific DVR remote controls.

I gotta mention that no matter what you do, there's no need to be so rude to the DIRT reps. It's a little weird seeing that from a Japanese, BTW. I can understand your annoyance. But, it isn't Dish's fault that you don't have LOS to the International bird.

I merged a couple of the OP's threads together

Also from a previous conversation he is in a Comcast market that DOES have TVJapan in it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts