TV Land in HD?

Well the point is still made that when people moved arcs they recognized it. The point being made mostly was that if you make things available on one arc and not the other... Folks recognize that. Besides, it would be to easy for a competitor to find that out and turn around and use that to their benefit.

I wish they would upgrade TVLand to HD as well, but in the meantime it looks like the initial broadcast of each episode of the Jim Gaffigan Show is also scheduled on Nick at the same time, in HD. But all the subsequent reruns are on TVLand in SD.
I didn't know that. Thanks! It sucks whating the Gaffigan show in a letterboxed window inside a 4:3 window inside a 16:9 format in blurryvision.

Reactions: TheKrell
Well the point is still made that when people moved arcs they recognized it. The point being made mostly was that if you make things available on one arc and not the other... Folks recognize that. Besides, it would be to easy for a competitor to find that out and turn around and use that to their benefit.
It has been awhile, but I noticed that several apps in Dish Home were never added to Eastern Arc. Those apps were later taken away from Western Arc. So, it seems that Dish is creating parity between the arcs by taking things away from Western Arc. If Dish doesn't bother to add something to Eastern Arc, that is a good sign that Western Arc is going to lose it. (The possible exception is standard-def feeds of local channels carried in HD.)

Apps are arc-dependent ?
They used to be. This was on the ViP receivers, not the Hopper. I also didn't have an internet connection. Two examples I can think of are TV Guide Interactive and Fandango. If I remember correctly, they were never added to Eastern Arc, and were eventually removed from Western Arc. I used to switch my ViP722k back and forth between the arcs, which is how I noticed.

I don't remember fandango being on the VIP receiver nor the interactive TV Guide. How long ago was this?
Well, I got my ViP722k in 2011, which is also when I added my Eastern Arc dish. I had been on Western Arc before that. I do not remember exactly when those applications disappeared from Western Arc. I do know that, in late 2012, when I switched my ViP722k back to Western Arc so I could watch All American Direct distant networks during a local channel dispute, the TV Guide app showed back up in Dish Home on my ViP722k. When I switched the ViP722k back to Eastern Arc, the TV Guide app disappeared again. I also had a deactivated ViP211 and some other older receivers hooked up to Western Arc, and they received the TV Guide app the entire time. I also seem to remember Dish advertising for some interactive Olympics applications during the 2012 Summer Olympics, but I did not have access to those. I assumed that was because my ViP722k was connected to Eastern Arc.

I know the Olympics is something Dish has been adamant about showing, and on the Hopper, there is an Olympics app when they are going on. I have never seen a Fandango App, since 2010, and that is with Hoppers and 722's, and 612's.

I know the Olympics is something Dish has been adamant about showing, and on the Hopper, there is an Olympics app when they are going on. I have never seen a Fandango App, since 2010, and that is with Hoppers and 722's, and 612's.
Fandango might not have been added to the ViP722k. I forget if the icon was completely missing, or if there was a pop-up stating that the feature was unavailable when I tried to click on it. However, I do remember seeing the Fandango app on the ViP211.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)