tv not compatable with dish remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

majorwaffenss

Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
I have a Sylvania lcd tv/dvd model 6615ldf. My satelite box is a 322 and the remote dose not work with the tv, which drives me nuts, is there a remote i can buy that is compatable ??????????:(

If it has a built in dvd player, try to program it as a dvd player. This often works on tv/vcr combos when programmed as a vcr. The remote still won't let you run the volume, but at least you can turn it off and on.

majorwaffenss said:
I have a Sylvania lcd tv/dvd model 6615ldf. My satelite box is a 322 and the remote dose not work with the tv, which drives me nuts, is there a remote i can buy that is compatable ??????????:(

Get a Harmony, my Harmony 880 does it all.

My sisters Sylvania plasma I had to do a code scan until I found a code that worked. It does all functions except menu. But it only worked with the newer remotes. Her inlaws have the exact same plasma and I could not get the code to work on their 301 remote.

It won't control a name brand tv? C'mon, that's not possible. I'd understand if it was some walmart brand that no one has ever heard of, but sylvania has a code that works, you just gotta figure out what it is.

majorwaffenss said:
Scott has a sticky near the top of this forum for updated remotes. I just ordered one from Dish. I hope it helps. The original remotes that came with my 510's did not work with my Magnavox LCD either. No code worked. Obtw 1st post huh? Welcome aboard!

Last edited:
Purogamer said:
It won't control a name brand tv? C'mon, that's not possible. I'd understand if it was some walmart brand that no one has ever heard of, but sylvania has a code that works, you just gotta figure out what it is.

Yep, when devices are added to a television the remote codes most times are diferent than with a standard television. I've run through all the stored codes on the dish remotes and sometimes they will work with tv/vcr, tv/dvd and on rare occasions tv/vcr/dvd units.

Oh for anyone thats interested I got to play with a harmony 890 not to long ago, I thought the thing was a pda at first but its a cool remote.

And to add another thing as well, there are a handful of new tv's out on the market that E doesnt have codes for such as abrevia and polaroid that I havent been able to get an e remote to program to. I also found that zenith tv's were excluded from fro either the 322 manual or the 622, cant remember wich it was.

Last edited:
I received my new updated remotes from Dish yesterday. Job well done on Dish's part. They work with everything I own. Thanks Scott for the sticky on the new remotes from Dish. Never would have known about them.

just like any other universal remote, its not guaranted to control every brand/mdl tv. i had the same issue w/ my 311 remote and my sony plasma. i purch a universal remote from walmart- it wrk'd w/ my tv, but not my reciever. however harmony is another story. you may wanna invest in this.

majorwaffenss said:

Unfourtainally, the dish nework remotes, will not function with a TV/DVD or TV/DVD/VCR, or a TV/VCR Combo TV's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)