tv not compatable with dish remote

majorwaffenss

Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
I have a Sylvania lcd tv/dvd model 6615ldf. My satelite box is a 322 and the remote dose not work with the tv, which drives me nuts, is there a remote i can buy that is compatable ??????????:(

If it has a built in dvd player, try to program it as a dvd player. This often works on tv/vcr combos when programmed as a vcr. The remote still won't let you run the volume, but at least you can turn it off and on.

majorwaffenss said:
I have a Sylvania lcd tv/dvd model 6615ldf. My satelite box is a 322 and the remote dose not work with the tv, which drives me nuts, is there a remote i can buy that is compatable ??????????:(

Get a Harmony, my Harmony 880 does it all.

My sisters Sylvania plasma I had to do a code scan until I found a code that worked. It does all functions except menu. But it only worked with the newer remotes. Her inlaws have the exact same plasma and I could not get the code to work on their 301 remote.

It won't control a name brand tv? C'mon, that's not possible. I'd understand if it was some walmart brand that no one has ever heard of, but sylvania has a code that works, you just gotta figure out what it is.

majorwaffenss said:
Scott has a sticky near the top of this forum for updated remotes. I just ordered one from Dish. I hope it helps. The original remotes that came with my 510's did not work with my Magnavox LCD either. No code worked. Obtw 1st post huh? Welcome aboard!

Last edited:
Purogamer said:
It won't control a name brand tv? C'mon, that's not possible. I'd understand if it was some walmart brand that no one has ever heard of, but sylvania has a code that works, you just gotta figure out what it is.

Yep, when devices are added to a television the remote codes most times are diferent than with a standard television. I've run through all the stored codes on the dish remotes and sometimes they will work with tv/vcr, tv/dvd and on rare occasions tv/vcr/dvd units.

Oh for anyone thats interested I got to play with a harmony 890 not to long ago, I thought the thing was a pda at first but its a cool remote.

And to add another thing as well, there are a handful of new tv's out on the market that E doesnt have codes for such as abrevia and polaroid that I havent been able to get an e remote to program to. I also found that zenith tv's were excluded from fro either the 322 manual or the 622, cant remember wich it was.

Last edited:
I received my new updated remotes from Dish yesterday. Job well done on Dish's part. They work with everything I own. Thanks Scott for the sticky on the new remotes from Dish. Never would have known about them.

just like any other universal remote, its not guaranted to control every brand/mdl tv. i had the same issue w/ my 311 remote and my sony plasma. i purch a universal remote from walmart- it wrk'd w/ my tv, but not my reciever. however harmony is another story. you may wanna invest in this.

majorwaffenss said:

Unfourtainally, the dish nework remotes, will not function with a TV/DVD or TV/DVD/VCR, or a TV/VCR Combo TV's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)