TV Not Detecting Resolution on 4K Joey

rickyinman

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
TN
I had posted this earlier, but I have learned some things since then. I thought my Joey was not "waking up", but it turns out it is a resolution problem.

I have a Sharp 60" LCD TV. From time to time, the TV doesn't detect the resolution of the Joey when I turn the TV on. I have to unplug the HDMI cord and plug it back in. I have changed settings on the TV, replaced the HDMI cord, changed the output resolution of the Joey, etc. I have other devices connected (Blu-ray player, Roku, Fire Stick, etc.) and it has never happened with those devices. Has anyone else had this problem?

I have a problem with my H3 switching to 4K with a new Hisense 4K TV. The symptom is that the TV claims there is no signal. Unplugging the HDMI cable and plugging it back in again fixes it.

I have the same problem with my Samsung KS8000. I have only gotten 4K once or twice from my H3. Now it says UHD in some of the descriptions in Netflix & YouTube. But still no 4K output to the TV.

Sent from my SM-T280 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: TheKrell
I have the same problem with my Samsung KS8000. I have only gotten 4K once or twice from my H3. Now it says UHD in some of the descriptions in Netflix & YouTube. But still no 4K output to the TV.

Sent from my SM-T280 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Last night I fired up a saved recording of the World Cup to check to see what the "new" guide would look like when the box and TV were talking 4K UHD HDR and it was amazing. Out of the "4K Mode" after stopping the Cup, it looks no different. BUT after quitting, all the recordings in Netflix that started to show Ultra HD in the descriptions earlier, but still didn't play in 4K UHD, are now all marked HD. I tried all kinds of things to get it back and nope. Couldn't get 4K from Youtube either from posted videos or movies in my horked collection marked 4K. My TV never did the "Blackout Screen Check" that it has done a couple of times when I got 4K. Or like it use to do with the 722 to check to see if your TV was 1080p capable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts