TV One where are you?

allargon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
Austin, TX
I look enviously at D* and U-verse users that have TVOne. Does Dish have a really bad relationship with Comcast? Is this why there's no TVOne on Dish (besides having a largely rural non-urban audience)?

I don't why they won't at least sit down with Comcast and work things out. I for one would love to have TV One.

There are many Comcast channels missing, including Sprout and Exercise TV, not to mention HD versions of E!, G4, and Style.

However, TVOne seems to be a joint venture, also owned by Radio One and DirecTV.

Perhaps maybe if TV One is negotiated by Comcast, that is the reason for the delay in other Comcast HD services? Perhaps Comcast wants Dish to have at least an SD version of TV One if they get E! HD, G4 HD and Style HD.

Comcast Website said:
Comcast Networks is comprised of distinct channels that appeal to the passionate viewer looking for the best in entertainment, sports, lifestyle and children's programming. Along with its core networks - E!, VERSUS, GOLF CHANNEL, Style, G4 and PBS KIDS Sprout - Comcast Networks also includes the On Demand networks FEARnet and Select On Demand, HD programming through VERSUS/GOLF CHANNEL HD and regional sports coverage through Comcast SportsNet, SNY, CSS and the mtn.

No mention of this on the Comcast website. I've never even heard of TV One. We used to have an affiliate locally of something called America One. It was just ancient reruns.

No mention of this on the Comcast website. I've never even heard of TV One. We used to have an affiliate locally of something called America One. It was just ancient reruns.

Because, unlike the other networks listed, it is not an exclusive Comcast channel but is co-owned by Radio one, and I think, DirecTV.

It doesn't have that much original programming. Looks like mostly reruns, including most of their evening lineup. Even some of their reruns like "The Jeffersons", it comes on TV Land and WPIX.
They do carry "Sanford & Son". It looks like most of their classic TV stock could go to WGN, and their comedy specials to Comedy Central. But that could be said about 15-20
cable channels out there.

One interesting channel I found on Fios is Blackbelt TV. It shows those kung fu movies dubbed in English.

I like that Dish carries the Pandemic Flu public interest channel.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)