TV output from 3xx box to ViP622?

NewMexicoHostage

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
Desert of New Mexico
My installer hooked up my 622 in living room to HDTV. However, I need the 2nd feed going to daughters room, so she can watch down-converted Monsters HD!
He set it up with HER receiver being the primary 1st TV, and other bedroom 2nd off of it.

How difficult would it be for me to switch the 2nd box to bedroom, and get the 622 to feed her room?
Any help appreciated! Email: volxxx@xxxbeer.com - remove xxx, of course :)P

I don't understand... what receiver do you have besides the 622? What rooms served by each and what room is each receiver physically located in?

Pepper said:
I don't understand... what receiver do you have besides the 622? What rooms served by each and what room is each receiver physically located in?

The ViP622 is in the living room - only feeds that TV.

The other receiver is a Dish 322. It's located in a guest room, and also feeds the master bedroom.

What I wanted done was to have the ViP622 in the living room feed its 2nd output to that guest room, and have the 322 only feed the master bedroom.

This way, I could get downscaled HD output to the guest room (for Monsters HD, etc).

Is that clear as mud...? :p

Pepper said:

Why would you want to put the 322 in the other room? You still wouldnt have the 622 second tuner... You'll need to run a cable from the 622 to that bedroom to get it working the way you want. If you want to switch the box to the bedroom, depending on the wiring and the type of switch you have, it might not be too bad. If it is a straight rg6 going to the second room of the 322 and DPP switch you could barrel connect the sat in to the tv2 out cable. Then your cable in the current second room would have satellite, just hook the separator to the sat in cable. But you still wouldnt have 622 output in the daughters room.. will still need to run a cable from 622 home distribution to the second room.

Jordan420 said:
A 322 feeding only 1 TV makes no sense, if you are going to do that trade out the 322 for a 522 or 625 DVR

I agree, but I just want the easiest way to get the 2nd TV signal from my 622 to the TV the 3xx is powering now.

It's been over 100 here in Abilene, so attic crawling is at the bottom of my list! :p

I can even turn the 3xx box back into Dish - I never really use it's secondary feed in the master BR. Just gotta get the Monsters HD hooked up for kiddo.

Here's what I'm thinking: I'll find the line that's feeding the 3xx box (and the other room off of it). Disconn from dish splitter (or cut it off) and attach to 2nd TV coax output on 622.

Make sense? Sound doable?

Thanks for all the suggestions, Fellers.

Think I resolved this

Here's the game plan:

I had 3 cables when I moved in, so:

- Gonna snake 3xx feed back up and over to bedroom 3 and put 3xx receiver in there
- Go thru a/c duct with alternate feed from 622 to 2nd BR - viola! Monsters Hd in kid' s room

Got ma fangers X'd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)