Status
Please reply by conversation.

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
I got my Genie installed earlier today. When I go to search and browse and select TV Shows it keeps saying, TV Shows are currently updating. Please try back in 1 hour.

It's been a few hours now. Is there a setting to turn this on or a way to update the receiver?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I got my Genie installed earlier today. When I go to search and browse and select TV Shows it keeps saying, TV Shows are currently updating. Please try back in 1 hour.

It's been a few hours now. Is there a setting to turn this on or a way to update the receiver?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

It could take up to 24-48 hours to update itself be patient.That is at least what it took mine when I 1st got mine and when I got the old one replaced beacuse it went bad ;):)

I see the same thing here and I've had mine for a while now ;)

I have that thing turned off so it doesnt download any extra shows...just because I watch Last Man Standing doesnt mean I like Family Guy (or any of those animated shows) ;)

Hello andrewj0781,

When the Genie is first installed it takes a few days for it to accomplish many of the background functions and settle in for long term usage. My rule of thumb is to wait a week after a new piece of hardware has been installed to see if there are problems. After a week I see if any problems that I noticed or any new problems are addressed and fixed. The TV Shows are currently updating message will most likely be gone within a day or two. Relax and enjoy your Genie! :D:excited:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Returning a DOA R22 box to Direct for a replacement

771 error message

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)