TV shows that made a big pop culture splash but are now disproportionately forgotten?

TMC1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
I'm talking about TV shows that were initially quite popular and really seemed to capture the zeitgeist but which have now faded more than one might have expected. The fading is especially poignant if the shows were actually pretty original.

Nah. All these other shows live on in syndication. When was the last time you saw good old Maxx?

I refer you to the title of this thread:

TV shows that made a big pop culture splash but are now disproportionately forgotten?

Baywatch was the greatest pop culture show in history during it's run. It's not showing anywhere, was of it's time, and is dead and buried now. Or "disproportionately forgotten" as the op said he wanted.

Don't want to start a pissing contest. All reasonable candidates. The reason I picked Maxx Headroom was that he was a cultural icon in the early 80s ad then faded into nothingness overnight. Basically, technology caught up with and passed old Maxx. The other shows mentioned are available online or in syndication. Good old Maxx is pretty much forgotten. I suspect he is too long ago for many of you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts