TV-TUNER for COMCAST help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yogaf

Original poster
Apr 25, 2009
Bay area
I want to be able to watch n record to on my pc so I bought "HAUPPAUGE 950Q USB" TV TUNER n install to my laptop.
It install find I be able to scan channels on the "VISTA MEDIA CENTER" - but it only shows the i assumed is BASIC CHANNEL only (channel 1-36 on South San Francisco) - when I switch to 37 (TNT) 42 (USA) nothing come out.
I have comcast Extended with HD and all the premium subscript.

Can anyone tell me what should I do?
Thanks a million

Sound like you have the 950Q set wrong. Under support on HAUPPAUGE site they say this:

Latest applications and driver updates

You can use either the WinTV-HVR-950Q install for use with WinTV v6, Hauppauge's TV watching application, or for use with Microsoft's Windows Media Center.
WinTV-HVR-950Q driver with WinTV v6 application

Installation CD Version 4.6A+ with WinTV version 6

Note: This is a single file which includes the driver, the driver update, middleware, video decoder and WinTV v6 applications. This file is larger than the individual pieces, but should be easier to install since it is in one file.
Note: this package is for Windows XP, Windows XP Media Center Edition, and Windows Vista.
To install the update:

• Download the file to your computer:
  • Unzip this file to a directory you will remember, such as WINTV
  • Run Setup.exe, from the unzipped directory.
  • Click Step 1. Install Drivers. This will install the base driver. At the completion of the driver install, you should see a message which says Drivers have been updated sucessfully.
  • Click Step 2. Install WinTV. This will install the WinTV applications, 'middleware', decoders, TV services and other necessary files.
Note to Media Center users:
If you want to use WinTV to watch and record analog cable TV with Microsoft's Media Center application under Windows XP or Windows Vista, do the following:

When you run Media Center, go to Tasks / Settings / TV / Set Up TV signal
At 'Set Up your TV signal', click Next
At "Regional settings', make sure your region is correct and click Next
At 'Download TV options', click Next.
At "TV Signal', click 'I will configure my TV signal manually' and click Next
You will then see: Cable / Satellite / Antenna. Chose the source of your TV signal (Cable for use with analog cable TV) and click Next.
Click through the rest of the settings, set up your Guide listings and click Finish. Then return to the main menu.
Go to TV + Movies and then live TV to watch and record TV.
Name: cd_4.6a+.zip
Version: 4.6A+
Size: 30MB
Updated: October 24, 2008

To install the latest driver:

Leave your WinTV-HVR-950Q plugged into your PC. Follow the following steps:

• Download the WinTV-HVR-950Q driver update: 72drv_27078
  • Unzip this file to a directory you will remember, such as WINTV. It will create a new folder. To install, open the folder.
  • Run HCWDRIVERINSTALL.EXE.
  • This will install the WinTV-HVR-950Q base driver. At the completion of the driver install, you should see a message which says Drivers have been updated sucessfully.
Name: 72drv_27078.zip
Size:
1.1 MB
Updated: March 19, 2009

Sorry but I am a newbie on this thing - can you explain to me what is the different them and is there a way to do different scan?

I tried with the STB with the tuner the only signal that I got is channel "3" - and all the channel swith is base on the STB is the the way?

Please let me know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)