This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

TV1 recording but want to have TV2 continue recording it

archan2000

Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
berkeley, ca
Here's the problem I'm running into: I'll be recording on TV1 and then realize I want to watch another channel but I want to record the show I'm currently watching on TV1. Since TV1 is the tuner that will switch to the channel, my VIP722 says that my recording will be stopped if I switch the channel. So I'm wondering if I can continue the recording on TV2 without having to stop the recording on TV1 and then start the recording on TV2, resulting in two DVR listings for the same program?

Solo mode, then swap button. Or Record Plus on TV2 in the first place, which is what I do.

Solo mode, then swap button. Or Record Plus on TV2 in the first place, which is what I do.

Record plus is in menu-8-5. The default preference is set at enabled for TV2 (meaning all timers should record to TV2). I also prefer having it set to TV2, that way I can watch whatever I choose on my HDTV while the program records to the second set.