TV1/TV2 Remote Tab Change

Skyking69

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
Honey Grove, TX
All,

I have taken the TV2 remote and changed it IR for use as a second remote so my wife and I can both have one in our primary viewing area. Everything works great, but in another thread I asked if it was possible to remove and turn over the colored tab with the number so it is clearly marked as being used for TV1. I got one reply but I had tried his suggestion and if I continue to fool with it I fear breaking the device. So, with that description and providing our setup (722k and two remotes, discussing 21.0 IR/UHF PRO) here are the questions:

1 - Is it possible to change the tab?
2 - If the answer is yes, is the other side of that tab already marked TV1?
3 - Again, assuming the answer is yes, and since I have already tried just sliding it off with the battery cover removed and it did not come off; do you lift it away from the body, slide it away from the buttons, what? Do I need to release a catch with a tool or anything?

Thanks in advance,

Phil

The 21.0 remotes are different from the older 722's in that IR or UHF operation is determined by the switch location in the battery compartment. Change the tab. Does not matter as long as set to IR. YES, they are hard to get out.

KAB,

So the number plate (for lack of a better term) can be removed without damaging it or the remote? And assuming you say yes, once you do that is it imprinted with the TV1 marking on the underside?

Thanks,

Phil

I'm not sure...not home right now, but I think it's tv1/2. If not IR/UHF. In my situation, does not make a difference. I have had it back and forth a couple of times.

The 21.0 remote DOES have a removable tab. One side says "1", the other "2". Remember I'm talking about the 21.0, NOT the 20.0. I have 2 of 'em controlling TV1--one for a 622, the other a 722 (NON "K"). Hope this helps.

Ed

If the tab is stubborn coming out you could take a small screwdriver or nail file and gently help it along--AFTER removing the battery cover.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)