TV2 Channel

Scott Corbett

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 1, 2005
SE NC
When Dish was installed, the TV2 output channel was set to 60 (might be the default), TV2 was working. I later switched from dual mode to single mode. A couple of days after that I noticed that TV2 was not working (no signal). I am not sure when that happened, before or after I switched to Single. I did a channel scan on TV2 and found that TV2 output was set to 116. I verfied on the 722K that TV2 was still set to 60. I changed the TV2 channel on the 722K to 21 and got no signal on channel 21 at TV2. I did another channel scan on TV2 and TV2 found the signal on channel 72.

Does any of this make sense?
Thanks.

When you switched the 722k to single mode, that supposedly disabled the TV2 output. the receiver needs to be in dual mode in order for the TV2 output to work correctly.

It is my understanding that TV2 still works in Single mode, it just always displays what TV1 is showing. It does that, but on the wrong channel.

It appears your TV is in cable mode and your 722k is in air mode both must be set to same mode to get the "TV2" channel.

It appears your TV is in cable mode and your 722k is in air mode both must be set to same mode to get the "TV2" channel.

Actually that's not true. As long as you do what the OP did and scan while in cable mode on the 2nd TV, you will find the correct channel. I speak from experience. I have super basic cable and at TV2, I have an A/B switch so that I can select either cable or Dish. It's only if you want to use the same channel on the TV2 that the modulator is set for.

Air channels and cable channels are NOT the same and some Air channels are not duplicated to cable. It TV is outputting on AIR, the receiver connected to TV2 MUST BE AIR for channel to channel compatibility.

There is a way that you can get picture on another channel besides what the receiver shows. We call it "Air to Cable conversion". This is most commonly used with mirrored TV setups since one TV may be a Cable TV, and the other an Air TV.

Example: 60 in air mode will show a picture on channel 116 or 117 on a cable TV.

For the OP, I would change the modulator setup (menu-6-1-5) to cable mode for TV2 (default channel is 73), and set the TV2 to 73. This should bring in the picture without any issues in single mode, or dual mode

Air channels and cable channels are NOT the same and some Air channels are not duplicated to cable. It TV is outputting on AIR, the receiver connected to TV2 MUST BE AIR for channel to channel compatibility.

thats exactly what is happening....this part of the OP's post confirms it
I changed the TV2 channel on the 722K to 21 and got no signal on channel 21 at TV2. I did another channel scan on TV2 and TV2 found the signal on channel 72.

When analog OTA was still around I remember that channel 23 Air was the same as 74 cable (29 air was 80 cable)...had a few calls from relatives who would get a new TV and couldnt figure out why 17,23,29 wouldnt work....TV was defaulted to cable ;)

The OP either needs to change the TV output to cable or the TV input to Air

also if in single mode the TV2 will show on either channel 3 or the designated TV output channel

RIVS5051131708-matthew1.jpg

The rec didn't change, the tv did. Somehow the tv got off ch 60 and when you ran the channel search it was in cable mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)