TV2 connection fee.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nuttz565

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
colorado
So I was going over my new statement and noticed it had a brand new 5 dollar charge. After reading over I noticed they are now charging me a TV2 connection fee for not having a phone/broadband hook up to it. I have my my TV1 hooked up to a phone line but have never been charged for not having my TV2 for not having it hooked up. is this new? Have I just been getting lucky the last year or is this something new there doing?

On the Dual rcvrs, there is a normal charge for the TV2 of $5. If you plug a live phone line to the rcvr and keep it on all month, then they will waive that fee.

How their system knows that the phone line is connected is that it will dial out randomly during the month and as long as they capture data from the reciever, the system will waive the charges.

Might have been a simple case where you were on the phone while it was trying to dial out, or the phone line might be loose. Just give them a call and they can help you research the issue.

Do a phone line test to make sure it sees a dial tone on the receiver, if so, call them and dispute the charge. Make sure it is normally working. I use an internet connection on my ViP series receiver instead and it's more reliable than my phone connection.

It's not a new policy.

You can go thru the menu and test the connection, and should do so before calling Dish.

I keep both internet and phone line connections on my receivers. So I still get caller ID onscreen.

If you only have one dual tuner rec'r (like a 722, etc.) then they are NOT suppose to even be charging you that fee -- and you don't have to have a phone line connected.

If you only have one dual tuner rec'r (like a 722, etc.) then they are NOT suppose to even be charging you that fee -- and you don't have to have a phone line connected.
:confused: I've always been told (and charged) that I need the phone line connected to my ViP722 (my only receiver) or have to pay the $5 fee.

That officially changed in Feb. of this year. My paper bill (that I used to get) even said as much. That said, I had to call to get them to correct it -- which seems odd since they have it printed on the same bill that incorrectly charged me.

Copy and paste the path. For some reason when I make it a link (and paste in the correct path) something is modifying the path and taking out the "/dish-network-forum" part. I've tried to re-link it three more times and get the same result.

Evidently adding links in Quick Reply mode doesn't work. I had to go into Advanced mode (while editing) to get it to correctly setup the link.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)