TV2 Fee Not Waived On First Receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
I thought the TV2 Fee was waived on the first dual tuner receiver on an account. It was charged to someone that just signed up and Dish Network is telling them that no such fee is waived unless a phone line is hooked up. I thought they waived it without a phone line connection on the first one starting earlier this year? Did something change?

They said that, starting last February, there was supposed to no longer be a no-phone-line fee for a dual receiver if it's the only receiver you have. However, I've seen more than one person other than you on this board claim that the fee is still being charged. This would seem to be a major communications breakdown at Dish, but for some reason I've never seen anyone attempt to get to the bottom of it. It would be nice if someone would. Does anyone still have a screen cap of the announcement? Unfortunately I don't know if it was in a dealer chat or a customer chat.

You need to be on Dish DVR Advantage program to get the free tv2 connection fee on the 1st rcvr. Typically, you will only see that on new customers or when you do an upgrade because it requires a 24mth commitment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)