TV2 IR Converter Kit

JustinTime

Original poster
May 29, 2021
Big Bear City, CA
Hello all,

I know there was an article posted A LONG time ago but I have a bit of a question about it:

It stated that you have to change the TV 1 remote address to anything but "1" because the TV2 remote is also set to one. The situation now is that I bought my father a new Harmony 700 remote since his previous one was sorta wearing out and not responding well button wise but I decided to take the original remote since it still works well enough and I don't use my TV in my room as much (but nice to have a newer remote regardless). I was able to have it turn on my TV just fine and without issues. The problem was that I couldn't turn on my Dish service since I don't have a receiver in my room. Upon reading and doing research to figure things out, seems that I need this converter for it to work with a Harmony remote.

I do have a bit of problem/question on this device. One, the problem I have is that the original Dish TV1 remote doesn't exist anymore since my father uses the Harmony 700 remote now and we never had it programmed to have a "SAT" "#" and "Record" buttons programmed since it wasn't needed at the time and cannot change TV1 to anything but 1. But the question I have is that I see in one of the pics posted had switches like this:

ir7-jpg.38595

So it seems that if I set this to TV2 and band B (which the TV2 remote is set to) that would mean I don't have to set the TV 1 remote to any other number but 1 correct? That's what I'm curious about. If anyone here could fill me in and help me out here I'd very appreciate it. Thanks!

Just in case you actually do need to change the remote address on TV1, I have some spare TV1 Dish remotes that I am not using. I would be happy to send you one if you want it. After changing the address, you would then need to reprogram the Harmony to work with TV1 with the new address. (I am guessing about that last part, since I have never used a Harmony. I do know from experience with other remotes that some universal IR remotes can control Dish receivers regardless of which address you have set on the receiver.)

Reactions: charlesrshell
Just in case you actually do need to change the remote address on TV1, I have some spare TV1 Dish remotes that I am not using. I would be happy to send you one if you want it. After changing the address, you would then need to reprogram the Harmony to work with TV1 with the new address. (I am guessing about that last part, since I have never used a Harmony. I do know from experience with other remotes that some universal IR remotes can control Dish receivers regardless of which address you have set on the receiver.)
Thanks, I will let you know if I need one, appreciate it. :)

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)