TV2 (SD) suddenly all pixelated (722k)

davros72

Original poster
Oct 12, 2010
Wisconsin
Hey folks, first post! I did some searching but couldn't find any similar topics (probably one staring me in the face, but I tried, sorry).

722k DVR receiver. TV1 is HD, TV2 is SD. TV2 was fine for ages. Suddenly about a month ago, everything on TV2 is now pixelated and distorted. Big green pixelated distortion. HD channels, SD channels, everything. Except the menus and the guide, etc, those are fine. I've fiddled with the menus and options but nothing seems to do the trick. And I never seem to be home when the online chat help or phone help option is available at Dish. Any clues as to how to get my SD TV2 back to clear watchable pictures again?

Odd thing that happened tonight... happened to turn on TV2 during How I Met Your Mother, which we have a timer for, it was recording as ordered. And the picture was perfectly fine, perfectly clear. No pixelation, nothing. So I thought my problem had cleared itself up all by itself. Ha! Just turned it back on a bit ago (no program being recorded currently) and it's back to crappy pixelated picture again.

Help!

Have you tried pressing the red reset button and/or a power cord reboot (unplug for 15 seconds, replug)?

Have you tried pressing the red reset button and/or a power cord reboot (unplug for 15 seconds, replug)?
Haven't tried the reset button, but I have done the unplug, replug thing. I can try the reset button tonight and see what that does, if anything. I'm guessing since the unplugging did nothing that this might not do anything either, but I could be wrong. That'd be nice if it worked. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts