tv2 through tuner card - windows media center pc

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sca

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 27, 2009
cookieland!
anyone understand how to do this?
i tried the other day for a customer, but knowing nothing at all about windows media center or windows vista i couldnt get a picture on the pc
i plugged the coax into cable input on the tuner card, ran thru the windows media setup to scan for cable channels (option checked for no set top box) and it found nothing. of course the 722 was modulated to 73 and the line was good.
what did i do wrong?

I have done what you wanted with Win7 (and I did it also when Vista was on this machine)media center and it does not search and find channels that are not listed in your area. What you have to do is manually add the channel to receive the back feed from sat tv2 to pc input. If you look in the media center, settings, tv, guide , there is an option to add missing channels and you should be good to go (my setup is over the air and TV1, TV2 back feed from 2 vip722 receivers channels 23, 28, 33, 37)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts