TV2 will not work through VCR

Parraddoxx

Original poster
Dec 20, 2005
I have tried three different VCRs...the VCRs work great (can watch movies, ect) but cannot get picture or sound from dish thru VCR tuner. I have the 522 and tv1 works great thru VCR. This is a recent install...I looked at the wiring and it looks like the main drop is coming in thru a splitter and then into tv1 / tv2. TV1 then has a direct line out. TV2 comes out and connects back into the splitter, and then presumably into the wall and downstairs to the second tv. Any ideas? Will a line amplifier help? Thanks.

You have to set the vcr to the channel that tv 2 is set to see the tv2 side of the 522. You also will have to make sure that the vcr is modulated to the apropriate frequency to recognize the output. So if tv2 is set to say channel 73 on a cable modulation you must then set the vcr to channel 73 and make sure it is modulated for cable, now you set your tv to channel 3 and you can watch your tapes in the vcr and watch dish throuh the vcr also.

Is that a setting or a switch? I have read in other forums about the modulation (air/cable) settings but do not know how to check or change them.

it all depends on what type of VCR you have. Your best bet is to get into either your "menu" or "autoprogram" settings on your VCR and set it to whatever channel your 522 is setup for.

The best way to determine what modulation and channel your 522 is set for is to go into your MENU and, in this order, 6 (systerm setup) 1(installation) and 5(modulator setup).

good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)