TV2 Wiring - VIP722PK

maarch

Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
Seattle
Hi,

I have a VIP 722PK in my Living Room and VIP 222PK in my Bedroom upstairs. I have realized that I cannot access On-Demand and Blockbuster Movie Pass on my TV2 since VIP 222 does not have access to On-Demand. That is when I tried hooking up my VIP7222 to my TV2 using it in dual mode. I went through all the necessary steps
1. Connected TV2 from wall bypassing VIP222
2. Change setups in VIP722 receiver (as per the manual)
3. Changes TV2 to Channel 62 (it is setup as 62 in 722)
But still no picture is coming. I am wondering I need to do any changes in wiring. Attached is the picture of wiring which is coming from Dish. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Attachments

• Photo Feb 06, 6 46 08 PM.jpg
    Photo Feb 06, 6 46 08 PM.jpg
    636.5 KB · Views: 482
After looking at the pic you have of the wiring, I hope someone other than a dish tech did that. Even if you can get things up and running as you'd like, I'd suggest adding home protection to your account and requesting a service call to get that wiring cleaned up and hopefully some of the barrels removed. You mention two receivers but I only see one feed so there is obviously something missing from this picture. I see loose cable ends crimp connectors and so on. Even if your cabling isn't the root cause of your current problem, getting that straightened up will keep it from biting you down the road and with things neat and orderly, will make moves and changes in the future much easier.

Easiest thing to do is have the TV do a full analog antenna AND cable channel scan to find the rf channel the TV2 out is being sent on.

Maarch ... have a look at this diagram ...

DishWiring-TV2.jpg

to support the "Home Distribution" you either have to run a cable directly from the back of the 722k, to where your Bedroom TV is ... *OR* you need to use Diplexers to share the satellite feed cable between the TV and the satellite receiver.

If you are trying to share the satellite feeds from the 722 and the 222 back to get the TV2 from the 722 to the TV sitting at the 222 ... you need to use 4 diplexers. 1 diplexer would be at each receiver like above the single receiver has a diplexer combining / splitting tv & sat signals .. then the sat signal goes to the separator and then into the receiver.

In the diagram above .. where you have the Satellite lines coming from the dish, but close together, you would need to put *two* Diplexers. Then you would put a short jumper cable between the *two* TV ports on the Diplexers.

This is my own crude mockup ... including both 222k & 722k receivers ... I only used the Home Distribution from the 722k ...
2-receivers-homedist.jpg

On TV2 you'd switch from your HDMI (or Component, or even Composite if that's what you're using) to the Antenna input ... tune in the channel for TV2 of the 722k's Modulator Output Screen (on the 722k Menu - 6 - 1 - 5)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts