tvheadend server

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wallyhts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2008

Attachments

• rt_pi.jpg
    rt_pi.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 135
So i just have to try will the Pi do 4:2:2?? Guesses anyone?

*not via network locally via the HDMI port*

Loving this playing G19 on my iPhone.

Using Ace player
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1408932199.221791.jpg

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

So i just have to try will the Pi do 4:2:2?? Guesses anyone?

*not via network locally via the HDMI port*
I have never tried any 4:2:2 feeds with a Pi, I don't have a big dish anymore so I don't know of any always on feeds in Ku.
I tried using Openelec on a Pi but was not too happy with its video playback or GUI speed so I never paid for the Mpeg2 or VC1 license.

I have streamed 4:2:2 HD feeds to other Arm devices and played them OK, I have done this with an Amazon Fire TV and a generic Arm box based on an Amalogic S802 SOC.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: wallyhts
The horizontal interlace issue in your screencap reminds me of playing with a twinhan 10 years ago on a computer that could barely handle MPEG-2 decode with 4:2:0 chroma.

I don't have to read or test to tell you a Pi doesn't have the power to properly decode even basic SD 4:2:2 chroma under ideal conditions.

I've dealt with tvheadend. It has a few advantages but they are greatly outweighed by negatives. Examples, built in share, horrible webif and zero adaptability to anything outside of its norm. Don't get me started lol.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)