TW couldn't tell me which HD channels I would get...

emtownsend

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Post Falls, ID
I'm considering switching from Dish to TW, but they were unable to tell me which HD channels I would get...! The rep told me she is working in a call center and did not know what channels I would get in my area (Coeur d'Alene, Idaho).
Any way to find out?

Thanks!

17 channels? That's it?

I did finally back and was able to find the Channel Lineups, but this is all that was listed under HD Basic, HD pack, HD Premium, and HD Standard:

502 HBO West High Definition
506 Showtime High Definition
508 Starz HD East
552 HDNET Movies
553 HD Net
554 MGM HD
556 Universal HD
702 CBS - KREM HD
703 FOX - KAYU HD
704 ABC - KXLY HD
706 NBC - KHQ HD
712 KCDT - IPTV - HD
751 HD Theater
752 TNT HD
753 ESPN-HD
754 ESPN2 High Definition
756 A&E High Definition
757 TBS in HD
769 History in HD
799 Fox Sports - HD

Is that really it? That is a pittence compared to Dish's offerings...
I hope this is not accurate because I can't change over if this is all the HD I get. I'm a fairly heavy HD watcher...
I generally don't watch HD premium channels like HBO and stuff cause I don't want to pay for them. So, this leaves me with only 17 channels if this is correct.

That's what I saw too.... If you click on "New HD Channels" to the upper-left, they list (9) more that aren't in that "Channel lineup" list. That lineup is not well maintained, as I recall. I think a 3rd party creates that page for them and can only go by the info they've been given. If TW adds a channel and doesn't notify that other group, the lineup becomes out-of-date.

That's what I saw too.... If you click on "New HD Channels" to the upper-left, they list (9) more that aren't in that "Channel lineup" list. That lineup is not well maintained, as I recall. I think a 3rd party creates that page for them and can only go by the info they've been given. If TW adds a channel and doesn't notify that other group, the lineup becomes out-of-date.

Whew.. OK, feeling a bit better. I wonder if I pop over to someplace like TitanTV, if I can get another list... I'll try! Thans for the input.

Hum. Interesting.
Under HD only, they (TitanTV) also list HDNET, DISC-HD, ESPNHD, and ESPN2HD among a few others that are not on the TW list; about 10 more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts