TWC 2 info anyone?

priester68

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Natchez, MS
So now that the weather thing has died down, what is the status of Weather Channel 2 or whatever it was they were promoting on ch 213? I now see the banner is gone but was wondering if anybody had any updates about our new weather channel. Thanks.

If it's going to be on spot beam, does that mean we can't see weather for another area? Say....going to Florida...want to check the local weather in Orlando before we leave.

If it's going to be on spot beam, does that mean we can't see weather for another area? Say....going to Florida...want to check the local weather in Orlando before we leave.

You can still use the Weather Channel App via Dish Home to look up cities across the US.

The TWC 2 sounds like a nice enhancement, especially for those who really miss the locals on the 8's. I for one, never missed them. But in LA, we have local news on at least one channel or more almost ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT, and is very easy to get the local weather almost any time of day or night. Also, I have access to the awful multiplex OTA channels via Dish HD boxes like Channel 7.3 Accu Weather with local forecast and 4.2 NBC Plus with the weather graphics forecasts for most of the day or night. The Weather Channel for local weather for me is really not very useful.

It's going to be regional weatherscan local feeds which is a weather channel product on most digital cable lineups.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts