TWC HD DVR question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

viggen61

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
Northern New Jersey
Mom's cable, TWC in Maine. She currently has the Scientific Atlanta 8300 HDC.

Is there any newer box from TWC that might offer better performance, better user interface, more DVR time, etc? TWCs website is hard to navigate, and largely unhelpful, unless you have your wallet ready...

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I had good initial luck with the Samsung DVR they provided, but they worked hard over the course of the year to brain damage it down to being no better. They got rid of favorite lists, external HD extension, 30 sec skip, etc.

I believe TWC wants a DVR that is as crippled as the box she has.

If you go to the TWC forum, you will find a long article I wrote a couple of years ago on my frustrations on trying to get a TWC cablecard and tuning adapter to work with a TIVO.

TWC seems to take an active role in discouraging non-standard equipment hookups. In order to get it working, I ended up having to become the expert and pay to have an installer sit around while I taught the 'tech expert' on the phone how to bind the cablecard and do the authorization. I doubt if the situation has improved much.

I was thinking of going back to TWC now from Dish. I have cable cards at my other place (cableone), and helped my parents and brother with Cox cable cards and TiVo. All three installations went well. I hope that TWC has figured it out now.

I have a tivo now with TWC, depending on where you live you may not need a tuning adapter, and the cable card was really easy, there an 800 number you call for time warner and all they do is help set up cable cards, took me about 10 minutes and I was up and running.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts