TWC - Milwaukee Market

n9xcr

Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Unfortunately, I will be unable to receive satellite service in my new home. :mad:

Time Warner is the cable provider for my area, and I'm wondering how the picture quality is. My experience with CATV has been that the picture sucks. I don't want to deal with that, but I am willing to give TWC a chance. Actually, I have no choice but to do so in my current situation. I live in Silver Lake, WI, which is in the Milwaukee market.

The cable coming into my house for my internet is connected to a distribution box on a telephone pole that's about 70 feet from my house. The distribution box is even fed with fiber. I'm hoping that greatly improves my chances of having decent picture quality. Do you think they'd run new coax to the pole from my house if I requested it? I don't know how old the cable is coming to the house right now, so I think I'd rather have all new coax.

Anyone in my market area experienced with TWC? How is the picture quality and customer service? I know the customer service I received when I had a problem with my cable modem was crappy. They kept having me call Earthlink when the problem was on their end. They eventually sent a technician out who discovered that when I moved, they terminated my old account without transferring the modem's MAC address to my new account. The modem was then disabled by TWC and they couldn't seem to figure that out.

I have one other question I forgot to ask. Do any of the digital boxes come with S-Video connectors?

I live in Lyons, WI. My wife and I signed up for the all-in-one package (phone, Internet, video) from Time Warner about a month ago.

The picture quality on the digital channels (100 - 9999) was great. The picture quality on the analog channels (2-99) was not good at all. Even my wife complained about the quality ("It's like watching an 'over the air' channel," was her quote). She all but demanded we go back to Dish Network.

TW Milwaukee does plan to start Digital Simulcasting of these channels in the future (which would have solved our problem), however, they could not provide a date for when that may happen.

Our experience with customer service has been okay (nothing spectacular, but it got the job done).

We signed up for DVR service and got a Scientific Atlanta 8300. Our box didn't work very well at all (reboots, lost recordings, ect...).

We have since canceled the video portion of our TW account and gone back to Dish.

Good luck-

Last edited:
Hmmmm......I guess I'll see what kind of service I get. :confused: I scheduled my install for this coming Saturday, and will have the 8300 as well.

I guarantee I'll be a VERY squeaky wheel if the service sucks. I just wish there were a few less trees behind me so I could keep my dish. :(

Thanks for the info!
Chris

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts