[TWC] NE Columbus/Gahanna OH

RIRWIN1983

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
at my house i am "too far" from a twc feed. but yet if you go about a mile from my house that area is served by twc. why wont twc expand further more in my area? and would would i need to do to "encourage" them too. i hapen to notice a few months ago a twc pickup 2 houses down, with a guy out looking up at the wires on the pole (gave me a dirty look when i drove by though) does this mean they are in my area, or considering it? any help would be apreciated. as i do not like insight, and have no opinion on wow! but would prefer twc if i had the choice.

Sounds like you are right on the border line. Only in a select area, very small, Livingston Ave area, south of Whitehall, does TWC overlap with Insight and WOW. If you are in Gahanna and have Insight, forget it. It is a franchising issue, and TWC does not overbuild with Insight in that area, and they never have anywhere else in Columbus. I feel for you. Insight sucks. Try WOW.. they are pretty good if it is your only other option.

Oh, and if you saw a TWC truck near you, and you are less than a mile from the TW plant, he was probably a lost newbie.

Last edited:
what do you mean by tw plant? he was literaly 2 houses down from me, and i've seen them installing cable in the new condos at the intersection of broadview and n hamilton rd, which is like less than 5 minutes from me im in the walnut view blvd/cherry park dr, area

Tony,
Love the maps, very cool.

RIRWIN,
I looked up your area.. You are smack dab between TWC areas. North of 161 and the south side of Morse Rd are TWC. And they also have Minerva Park just east of Cleveland Ave and west of Rt 3. You are in a tiny spot surrounded by them. Sorry man.

Last edited:
get satellite....TWC stinks anyways....I got so pissed at them I dropped them after 3 years....my dad has had them since they were Qube....remember them? 30 years, and he is dropping them for E* because of the crappy programming, equipment, and constant service disruptions.

Call 481-5050 at any given time, and there will be at least 2 service disruptions somewhere. Its amazing...I have NEVER gotten through without having to listen to problems first.

CbandLover said:
Tony,
Love the maps, very cool.

RIRWIN,
I looked up your area.. You are smack dab between TWC areas. North of 161 and the south side of Morse Rd are TWC. And they also have Minerva Park just east of Cleveland Ave and west of Rt 3. You are in a tiny spot surrounded by them. Sorry man.

I know its wishful thinking but since they have such a tiny hole to fill you would think they could work something out with the outher 2 co's it wouldent cost them much to fill it in, sorta like putting that last section of a puzzle piece in, it allread has its connecion around it so.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts