TWC What A Joke!!

As we have talked about above we are talking a lot about the senior people who do not even know what a smart phone is none less a tablet.

I can see that but the amount of Dish customers that do not use a smart phone, tablet or laptop has to be a pretty small percentage.

I always thought the weather channel was worthless once smart phones and tablets became so popular. Why would I go to that channel for weather when I have it at my fingertips at all times?
A few observations/comments.... Older people aren't as likely to have smartphones and even if they do, they still use them strictly as "phones". I've seen people who's favorite channel would seem to be TWC (or maybe they simply use it as background/screensaver practically). Lastly, and if you've always had satellite, people do not understand this: TWC on cable systems is, or was, much more local weather. It is/was a 24-hour substitute for the local TV station's weather broadcast (similar to what some now do on a sub-channel).

Reactions: rodder
Astronomically, yes. I usually go by meteorological weather though. That actually goes by the conditions outside.
What I was saying was that, astronomically or meteorologcally, a channel that is proposed to start in Fall has until December 21 to come into being....

About two thirds of the people i know do not use them.

You must be hanging out in Nursing Homes. Just kidding.

I am 65, live in RV parks all over the country where I see lot's of seniors all the time. It seems that most of them have either a smartphone or tablet in their hand at all times. It's like they can't live without them.

Just a different experience.

Never thought much of the Weathermen once the SDS standardized on straight-leg Levi's... Oh, and don't watch TWC.

I believe the left wing group you were referring to was called The Weathermen
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_Underground
During the Nov 1969 anti war march in DC, I was in a group up wind from the Justice Dept when the police fired tear gas at them when they tried to storm the Justice Department ( I think that was the building)

Even your link says they were commonly called the Weather Underground, with their actual name the Weather Underground Organization. The people in the group were called Weathermen.

I believe the left wing group you were referring to was called The Weathermen
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_Underground
During the Nov 1969 anti war march in DC, I was in a group up wind from the Justice Dept when the police fired tear gas at them when they tried to storm the Justice Department ( I think that was the building)
No, it was called Weather Underground. Bill Ayers was a part of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts