Tweaking SuperDish Question...

riski

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2004
I have recently subscribed to E*'s DHA plan and received a 522 receiver with a SuperDish for my locals in Michigan. I would like to tweak my Dish to get a better signal on the 105 bird. A friend of mine is coming down this weekend with a Sat Buddy satellite finder and I was wondering if there is a set procedure on how to do this since I am also receiving programming from 110 and 119. Elevation/Azimuth/Scew...is there a set way to do this so I don't screw things up? My friend has no knowlege of using the sat finder. I was just wondering if you start with 105 first and then go to 110 then 119 or should the scew settings be the critical position making it possible to lock on all when one of the 3 are locked. Thanks (58 is my current peak setting on 105...110 is at 118 and 119 is at 98...so 105 is really my only issue)

DON'T TOUCH IT YOU ARE PROBABLY AS GOOD AS YOU CAN BE. The 105 satellite has problems reaching the outer areas of the continental U.S. it will be replaced this summer with a new stronger satellite.

105 is also on a different scale.. 119/110 is 0-120, 105 is 0-100.

That bird is low powered and a range between 50-70 is typical. you're on the footprint edge, so it'll be lower there, best you can do is wait until the new satellite is up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)