Twelve volts battery to power microHD and portable twelve volts Tv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have not done repeatable measurements, HOWEVER (!), my TV cut off, and because of the way I have it set up, my audio went off, but the audio amp power light was still on and the microHD's light was still on. In my panic, I finally checked my battery voltage and I was below 9.1 volts. I discovered I was only running on my "surge-smoothing" battery (30 each, 1.2VDC 100ma. ni-cads wired in 10 in series for 3 packs in parallel) and the moment I reconnected the main line the TV started its warmup cycle and everything came up working again. Since the green light on the microHD never blinked to red, I assume it held up - even keeping the LNBF on.

belkin battery backup

I have been finding the belkin battery backup devices at goodwill cheap,in the $5 to $8 range. I found 1 today at a church rummage sale for $5 They have what appears to be a 12v 10ah battery inside that is always on a trickle charge and a barrel plug to output the 12v when plugged into ac or when the power fails.If you make some sort of Y adapter to run more than 1 device it should work fine short term. I plan on using mine for lighting when the power goes out. The belkins are used for AT&T U-VERSE as a battery backup device.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)