Twin Cities ch 5 video flicker problem

ken

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
For more than a year now I have been seeing a video flicker on KSTP Ch.5 in the Minneapolis-St.Paul local market. The funny thing is it only happens one time each night for a few seconds and only between 7:20 and 7:40 PM. Since I don't watch that channel every night I don't know if it"s an every night thing or just on the Tuesdays and Wednesdays that I do watch. Has anyone else seen this ?

Hellllloooo, any one from Mpls/St.Paul around. I would like to know if anybody else has seen this.

ken
Sorry, but I havent seen any flicker on Channel 5 recently. I did notice a sound problem yesterday during the Rose Bowl (and I didnt notice it when I flipped over to the antenna)

I'll PVR the 7:00 hour and see if I find it. I'm not watching all that much ABC these days.

If I can get it recorded, I'll report it. It could be related to how the signal is being received and KSTP-TV switching transmission towers.

I didn't see any flicker in the recording. The picture for the bowl game that was on seemed to be coming in pretty clear.

A year ago when I noticed some issues I e-mailed both KSTP and KMSP regarding image quality issues. The guy responsible for their transmission at each station replied back to me that Dish Network does not get a digital feed direct from them. As far as they were aware, Dish was getting the signal via an antenna somewhere.

That may or may not have changed since than. You can e-mail the station and they appear to be more than willing to get back to you about any problems.

Mike H, could you try 7:15 - 7:45 pm on Tuesday. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)