Twin KU LNBF on a Globecast Elliptical dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tonira

Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
new jersey
Hi Guys!
I needed to replace my globecast single lnb. I decided to get a dual lnbf from DMS (JSC-322-3) because i have to receivers both from globecast.
Now am having difficulty installing the lnbf. I got a universal lnb bracket but wont work.
Is there a bracket that will fit this dish and also how do i get the focal length right.
please help.:confused:

Do you have any pictures? Normally, LNBFs have a standard 40mm neck, and will fit in most LNBF clamps. Do you have a flanged feedhorn/LNB?

Globecast LNB's are cylinder like Primestar ones so the 40mm neck wont fit in the groove. You will have to take the plastic housing off behind the LNB (doesnt hurt anything) and find a way to clamp it down

2nd pic shows what I mean with the LNB casing

Attachments

• 000_0536.jpg
    000_0536.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 271
  • 000_0650.jpg
    000_0650.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 282
Do you have any pictures? Normally, LNBFs have a standard 40mm neck, and will fit in most LNBF clamps. Do you have a flanged feedhorn/LNB?

Thank all of you for your reply.
Here is what it looks like. i had it set to the required elevation and azimuth but still no luck. Am trying to get galaxy 19 (telestar 5).
is there something am doing wrong or missing?
tanx

Attachments

• IMG_3121.JPG
    IMG_3121.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 253
  • IMG_3122.jpg
    IMG_3122.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_3125.jpg
    IMG_3125.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_3128.jpg
    IMG_3128.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 240
Well, first off, the dish is elliptical, so it came with a feedhorn that matches the dish shape.
Your replacement LNB has a round feedhorn, so it isn't optimized for that dish.

Next, the dish is supposed to be skewed for best capture of the signal.
You have the dish not skewed, but you do have the LNB skewed.
I didn't look to see if you twisted it the right way - :confused:

What are your options? ... and hopefully, others will come up with better ideas...
Get an older LNB that has V and H outputs, and will bolt to your old feedhorn.
Hook the LNB outputs through a 2x4 or 3x4 multiswitch, and then you can feed up to four receivers.
Then, skew the dish properly.

Putting a bandstacked LNB on your old feedhorn is not an option, because the Globecast receiver will not work with it.

Okay , gang, what did I overlook?
There must be some better ideas! - :cool:
Well, besides totally replacing his dish with a round one, then using that JSC322 LNB... which -is- a viable option! - :D
No multiswitch required in that case - one output of the LNB to each receiver.

Didn't know that the Globecast dishes were elliptical Channel Masters, which are flanged. As Anole said, the original feedhorn would be great. The feedhorn from a Primestar should work. Since you can't add a stacked LNB from a Superdish, you could add a Hughes DirecWay LNB to it and it would work fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)