twinhan 1020a not locking on signals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

skunkworks

Original poster
Oct 7, 2009
Texas
Hello,

I really appreciate the advice i recived last time when i posted on this forum from the members.

I have just set up my 1020a pci card to a fixed satellite pointed at AMC-1 using TS-Reader to view the feed, and every time I try to lock on to AMC-1, ts reader keeps giving me an error in the status panel telling me its unable to lock and keeps re tuning, yet it sees the signal strength at 80%.

I am connected to a Ku Band dish that already has LNB power supplied to it with an amplifier that has horizontal polarity that shares its output with other commercial receivers and the other receivers in the rack can get signals and video off the satellite. I am trying to tune to the NBC satellite to see if i can get a picture and I am not having any luck.

the settings i specified in ts reader are from lyngsat for NBC
on Lyngsat's AMC-1 webpage

Frequency: 12000 MhZ
Symbol rate: 3 KSps (lyngsat says 30000)
LNB Frequency: 12500 (figured that 120000-10750 would arrive at this, correct me if im wrong)
and the horizontal LHCP box is checked
22KhZ tone box is un checked

under the Input box its specified as:
Input type: DiscEqc Port 1
Auto select LNB box is unchecked
Polarity Varible box is selected
LNB Type is Single band with a frequency of 1250
and voltage is selected as polarity

Any help is deeply appreciated, since i am a newbie at setting up satellite receivers.

Thanks

The signal you are trying to lock is DVB-S2. The Twinhan 1020a will not be able to lock it. The Twinhan 1020a will tune DVB-S and DSS signals only.

Also the LNB Lo Frequency should be set to either 10750 (standard ku lnb) or 10600 (universal ku lnb).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dual Polarity for Muzak dish / flange?

AMC4 101W

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)