Please reply by conversation.

jerryt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 23, 2005
South Florida
I have two cards side by side in my computer;

A Skystar2 and Twinhan 1020a

The skystar is controlling the diseqc 4X1 switch perfectly with Saar's enhanced drivers, but

The Twinhan card won't switch anything but my Spaun 1.1 diseqc switch (SAR420F).

I have swapped out the twinhan card between the 1020a and 102g, but both operate the same.

I did verify that TSreader is able to operate the diseqc switch perfectly on the twinhan card.

How can this be fixed? Modified DTV driver?

Thanks

Please read the post below which is a few years old

Bxwrapper
Learner

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:46 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally, I found a way to monitor the Diseqc signal sent by VP-1020 without buying any hardware !

It can be done based on these facts.

1. Diseqc command's bit has 1.5ms period, equivalent to 666.6 Hz. This defintely lies in audio range frequency.
2. The 22KHz carrier frequency has +/- 600mV voltage signal superimposed on 13/18V LNB power supply.
3. Line-in input of the sound card ussually accept 1V peak-to-peak signal input.
4. A DC block splitter will block DC signal between inputs and pass the ac signal to every port.
5. There are a lot of sound recorder application that provides real time wave form recording visualization.

There you go. Now I can monitor the Diseqc signal sent by VP-1020 using my soundcard.

So, did I find the problem why VP-1020 can not drive Diseqc 2.0 switch ? The answer is YES.

Here the summary:

When I swicthed to any port, such as LNB A, VP-1020 always send 2 (two) commands:

E0 10 38 F0
E0 10 03

Another one, such as LNB D:

E0 10 38 FC
E0 10 03

It is now clear that VP-1020 send a broadcast address of "10" meaning "Any LNB, Switcher or SMATV (Master to all...)".
It is also clear that VP-1020 uses a Diseqc command "38" for "Write to Port group 0 (Committed switches)". The port switching is controlled by "position" and "option" bits which is the 3rd and 4th bit of DATA information.

All Diseqc command sentby VP-1020 is valid !. But why my Diseqc 2.0 swicth still does not work ? Because the card always send a second Diseqc command (E0 10 03) after port selection. The second command is asking the switch to power on! In another words, after the port selection, the card asking the switch to RESET! This has been observed by me using multimeter on my previous e-mail. Oh..well..

So, How about the VP-1030 ? below is the example of Diseqc command sent by this type of card:

LNB A:
E0 10 38 F0

LNB D:
E0 10 38 FC

See the difference ? Yes, VP-1030 ONLY send the port switching command. And it just work greaaat !

THIS IS DEFINITELY A DESIGN ERROR ON VP-1020 !
I HOPE TWINHAN SEE THIS THREAD AND RESPONSE ACCORDINGLY!

Now, you may ask: why your "Diseqc 1.0" switch works with VP-1020 ?
Well, the "Diseqc 1.0" switch looks like ignoring the power on command and just proceed the port switch command only. That's why the switch works.

Looks to be more of a software problem than a hardware problem. Could be a driver, or even how the driver is called within the application. Have you posted this on Saars forum to see what he has to say about it?

I do believe that since TSreader works the diseqc switch, that the problem must be software. Also discovered that the Vision DTV software works the switches fine during scans.

Yes, I posted this on the Mytheatre support forum.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)