W_Tracy_Parnell

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 19, 2005
South of Buffalo NY
Hey ultatryon,

Cascade didn't know the answer to this and sent me your way:

Is this box able to get 4:2:2? What are your general impressions of the unit? I would like to hear from any members here who have the unit too.

Thanks

For anyone interested, I emailed Twinhan support and asked about support of 4:2:2, HD and AC3 (which may be a given). First reply:

--------
Dear sir
It supports AC3 audio but I don't know what is 4:2:2?
Can you explain what are 4:2:2 or HD video?
---------

Needless to say, that did not inspire much confidence, although it could be a language barrier. After using my limited knowledge of the subject to reply, I got this back today:

-----------

Dear sir
We don't support 4:2:2.
We support HDTV.
--------------

So there is what I found out-take it FWIW although the fact that the person didn't know what I was talking about is odd.

It DOES support 4:2:2 chroma sampling, but you need 3rd party codec(s)... Someone with this card can probably tell you which codec you need. Elecard sounds familiar...

The hardware supports it. Twinhans drivers supoort it, but the Twinhan software may not.

I bought Twinhan Skybox USB 2 two months ago. It works for 10 minutes or so than overheats and it stop working. If you let it cool off the cycle repeats. Did anyone had the same problem? Twinhan does not reply to my Email so I do not know what is the story. It may be a lemon product. Thanks
Itso

itso

I'll try to be nice...but

QUIT POSTING THE SAME DAMN THING 5 TIMES!!!

all other ones deleted...no need to spam

Twinhan Overheating

Iceberg: No spam intended. All I want is to find out if someone else had the same problem and if a fix exist. Thanks
George

but posting the same thing 5 times in diffwerent threads is considered spamming here at Satelliteguys :)

I don't have aq PC card so I cant comment. Hopefully someone with a card can help out :)

I'm planning to buy one.

I've run across a little feedback from users with the Twinhan Starbox, and it seems fairly positive.
Most of the problems looked like the same cockpit errors everyone makes with the PCI cards. ;)

After filtering through the (few) products which run USB 2, I've selected it to try.
(just waiting on a check... )

.......(removed)...........

I too, welcome any input from users of the product.
As mentioned in another thread here, I'm looking forward to making DVDs from the captures.

edit: praise for dealer removed due to price increase.

Dvb World

I have been selling the DVB WORLD USB PCI box.

I have had no complaints on it.

It seem to work good.

Should be up on the website by Monday. Reasonably priced too.

Twinhan USB StarBox Remote w/ MyTheatre

I've seen people having trouble getting the remote control to work in MyTheatre.
Finally found the answer:

mytheatre-support com/viewtopic.php?t=495&start=15
Saar (the developer of MT), reporting on his forum, 22 September 2005:
sorry.. seems BDA driver doesn't exist for StarBox Sad
number of twinhan products is screwed my mind..
After these postings i tried to find BDA driver for starbox and couldn't..
seems i only asked twinhan about BDA driver and they answered they plan to release...
after that many drivers was release and i messed magicbox with starbox..

sorry..

That's unfortunate for everybody who wants to use the remote in a home theatre system, untill Twinhan releases a BDA driver.
I just want to record shows for later transfer to DVD, so the keyboard will be the primary interface.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)