Two Analog TV Stations Received

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

spongella

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2012
Central NJ
Haven't posted in a while. Hope everyone's doing well.

On a routine scan of OTA TV stations on 7/9/2021 around 2:30 pm local time in my area I picked up 2 analog TV stations. Both were transmitting the same material but one was clear, other was snowy. Clear one was on RF channel 4 (low VHF) , snowy one was on RF channel 36 (UHF). I think it may have come from CT but not sure. By evening the stations were gone. Winegard antenna and amplifier pointing due West is what I use.

Attachments

• Channel4 analog 68968MHz0217pm07092021.JPG
    Channel4 analog 68968MHz0217pm07092021.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 225
  • Channel36606397MHz analog0217pm07092021.JPG
    Channel36606397MHz analog0217pm07092021.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_0801.JPG
    IMG_0801.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_0549.JPG
    IMG_0549.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 236
Reactions: N5XZS and FTA4PA
UHF 36 is used by a full powered digital station (WFSB) in CT. H
Haven't posted in a while. Hope everyone's doing well.

On a routine scan of OTA TV stations on 7/9/2021 around 2:30 pm local time in my area I picked up 2 analog TV stations. Both were transmitting the same material but one was clear, other was snowy. Clear one was on RF channel 4 (low VHF) , snowy one was on RF channel 36 (UHF). I think it may have come from CT but not sure. By evening the stations were gone. Winegard antenna and amplifier pointing due West is what I use.

UHF 36 is used by wFSB a full powered digital station in Hartford, CT. Hard to believe an analog station would use that------but who knows.

Reactions: spongella
Might be a rouge station testing and you say the same video picture is also on RF ch. 36?

Since RF ch. 4 signal looks pretty strong for analog, might be spilling over on RF ch. 36!:rolleyes::hatsoff

Apologies for the pedagogy. But it's spelled "rogue", not rouge!

I have a low power NTSC transmitter made for home use. A/V in --> 3/4 out. Given the channel 4 picture, I would guess that some industry wanted to monitor their shop, possibly for security. It sounds like they got carried away big time with a similar device, or else it is very close. You didn't mention your location. Do you have any businesses nearby that could have a loading dock like that?

I have no earthly idea what that channel 35 might be. Even though you can't make out what the video had on it, was it a dynamic or static image?

Thanks for all the replies. Geronimo may be correct, it's probably from CT. Reason is that there was a commercial for Shen Yun dance company at the Palace Theater in Stamford. Of course it could be a station from NY that covers CT.

I live in Western NJ so it was definitely a DX station.

Attachments

• IMG_0818.JPG
    IMG_0818.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 149

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)