Two cable required for DVR?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mdog73

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
I already have DVR and HD on my system. The DVR is in two rooms. Each of these rooms have 2 cables coming in to the sets. I am getting a new roommate and he would like a DVR in his room but there is only one cable in there. Can the DVR work on one cable or are two required? Same question regardin HD.

yes you can use one cable but you will be limited on the dvr functions such as not recording two shows at once... this is not recomended some dvr models do not opperate smoothly with only 1 cable.

I have 2 HDDVRs, both single cable. I think it has something to do with the 5LNB SWM sat dish and HR22s.:D and I can record 2 shows at once.

I have 2 HDDVRs, both single cable. I think it has something to do with the 5LNB SWM sat dish and HR22s.:D and I can record 2 shows at once.

yes. to the op; just switch the lnb to a swm lnb. very easy to install. :)

I already have DVR and HD on my system. The DVR is in two rooms. Each of these rooms have 2 cables coming in to the sets. I am getting a new roommate and he would like a DVR in his room but there is only one cable in there. Can the DVR work on one cable or are two required? Same question regardin HD.

Or purchase a SWM8 external SWM switch as an alternative.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)