two dish accounts

ked

Original poster
Nov 28, 2008
I have a summer home in wisconsin and a winter home in texaz we spend 6 months at each place. For ten years I would take receivers bac and forth between both places, when I got to tx I would call and have the locals turned on and the same in wi in the spring. Last summer a dish person called me and wanted the serial numbers for my two recievers that I own. She then told me that I had 72 hours to setup another account and buy two new recievers for a special price from them. If I refused they would shut off my bedroom reciever.I decided not to go with there bs program and 72 hours later they shut the bedroom reciever off. They then tol me I would have to cancel my account when I went to tx, I said from a buiness standpoint that makes no sense since I pay 75 dollars a month she said thats the way it is. I have talked to dish and get a different answer everytime about taking my reiever back and forth. Anyone know the exact info on this?

something doesnt sound right

If you spend 6 months in Texas (and switch the address with Dish) and 6 months in Wisconsin (and change the address back) what is their issue?

I know of snowbirds that do that same thing every year (my dad's buddy being one of them...Lives in MN from April to beginning of November and Florida the rest of the time

Just out of curiosity at no time there are receivers at both places? If you read the location numbers off both boxes for the Dish Audit people then what's their issue?

Sounds like Dish wants you to have 2 accounts and just suspend the one you arent using...I guess it takes too much work for those customer service reps to re-qualify the address every 6 months :rolleyes:

Someone messed up. Call and tell them the call will not be over until the issue is resolved. As long as both boxes are in the same place at the same time (which they couldn't know anyway unless they had someone at both houses at the sametime checking roo #'s) there's no limit to the number of dish mover's you can have, especially if you're the one doing the movers. Get ahold of winback or ert, they should be able to fix this for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)