Two DP301 fail at the same time??

sgus

Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
mi
All four of my receivers were OK when I went to work today. When I returned, both DP301 are flashing error 005, not authorized. I called support and went through two levels and they tell me that both DP301 are bad and need to be replaced with 311. Hard to believe that both DP301 (one is a 301D and the other is a 301E) fail at the same time with the error. My VIP 222 and 211 are still working OK. Should I ask for VIP211 replacements instead of the 311?

If you would like to upgrade your 301 receivers to ViP211/211k receivers I would be more than happy to set that up for you. Just send me a PM with your phone or account number so I can bring up your account. Thanks!

I would have been much happier if DN would have contacted me that they wanted to change out the 301 units and then scheduled a time to do it.

I would have been much happier if DN would have contacted me that they wanted to change out the 301 units and then scheduled a time to do it.

PM one of the DIRT team. Their names are in red. Send them your phone number or account number and they can check it our for you. They may be able to schedule a tech visit to swap you out. Are you sure you never received email from Dish about it. Many people did receive email from Dish about the swap out.

I just went through my Sep, Aug and Jul emails and found no notice DN. Just last month I added to my programming and no mention then either. Anyway, I said that I would have been "much happier" if I had been given notice, not that I was unhappy with DN. I received good support and everyone I talked to was great. Once tech support determined the real issue with my receivers, they scheduled a tech visit for the next day. That must be why I been with them for so many years.

I came home Thursday to find my old 501 doing the same thing. Chatted with support and couldn't fix it, said I need to replace it at a cost of $90. When I asked about the letter they sent stating my 501 would be swappe dout at not cost to me, they finally agreed to a free swap out.

IF this was indeed an intentional kill just trying to get rid of these old boxes, that's fine, but as the OP said, it would have been nice if this were scheduled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)