Two DVR's Not Alloud Per Account?

Ray S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Central NJ
I read as part of another post that Dish will not allow two DVR's per account. Is this true? I have a 501 and will soon have a 921.

You can have as amny as you want but if the DVRs have fees you will pay for each. in your case trhe 501 is fee free.

That is not true. You can have as many DVRs on your account as you like...you just have to pay $4.99 each for each new receiver you purchase with the exception of the 501, 508, and 721 which do not have DVR fees.

Also if you have the AEP (America's Everything Package) the DVR fees are waived no matter how many receivers that may be subject to a DVR fee you may have.

I added a 510 yesterday, (free with 2 year commit) already have a 508, other than the extra monthly fee, no problem..

just ask your friendly CSR ! :?

I have had 2 PVRs for over three years now. I pay only the $4.99 mirror fee for the 2nd receiver.

Jason said:
That is not true. You can have as many DVRs on your account as you like...you just have to pay $4.99 each for each new receiver you purchase with the exception of the 501, 508, and 721 which do not have DVR fees.
.... and the Dishplayers which don't for many as well (those who signed up to get one when they discontinued them.... I haven't had a PVR fee since)

I've got a 721, a 519, and 2 Dishplayers in my house. No limit on PVRs.

David_Levin said:
Just remember, with Dish it's an extra $10 for each box you add (unless you have AEP). That can really add up.

That's $5 for the additional receiver fee, and $5 for the PVR fee IF you don't have AEP (just to clarify).

Tell me about it, I pay $28.96 for just locals and the HD package. Now that's expensive programming!

It wouldn't be any cheaper than cable. They charge like $22-$30 for the basic for locals although there are a few extra's added in but its not like the AT50 package. For $30 you get AT50 and locals.

I can see what your saying though, seems kinda steep for just locals and the HD package but its like paying $15 instead of $10 for the HD package since you do not have a basic package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts