Two DVR's sharing recorded programs

Farva

Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
Here is my current setup:
722 and 622 in living room with 722 split into bedroom (tv2 coax) and 622 in single mode.

Question: is there a way to be in the bedroom and view recorded content on the 622? Don't need the live feed from 622, just recordings...

Can you network the two dvr's in some way or is there a way to get the tv2 out feed from 622 into bedroom with the 722 already going there?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply...I read about that a little and would really like it to be my "fallback" plan if there are no other options...just want to be able to be in bedroom and browse what is on the other dvr while "shopping" for something to watch.

Seems to me that if they already have EHD working via USB, it would be trivial to do it via a network-connected hard drive. A requirement that this network-connected drive be dedicated to storage of recorded programming would still exist. It would still be tied to your account so you couldn't move it to your neighbor's house and it could still be tied to your specific receivers.

However, now with a network connection at your receivers, any receiver could access that network-connected hard drive and you could record something from receiver #1 and watch it on receiver #2 if both had a network connection and access to that drive.

OR..... simply make the recordings on one receiver accessible to any OTHER receiver on that account via ethernet. This really doesn't sound like it would be that hard for them to implement.

To me, since both dvr's are right next to each other, I think I should be able to just connect one to another via usb to share recorded content...should just be a software issue.

To me, since both dvr's are right next to each other, I think I should be able to just connect one to another via usb to share recorded content...should just be a software issue.
Would be a lot more complicated than that. On the other hand, you could run HDMI or Component cable from the 622 to your bedroom, if possible.

You could combine the rf outs from the two receivers and send to all your sd tv's that way. You may need extra remotes to control each tv2 output.

This is what I do. you just need to change the channel on the bedroom tv to the channel that you have the 622 tv1 modulated to .

The machines are already connected by a HomePlug network connection if they are plugged into the same outlet.

The issue is digital rights management (DRM) and has nothing to do with hardware or networking.

The answer to your original question is currently no.

Yep... this will solve your problem.... combine the backfeeds, set both receivers Modulators to different channels and enjoy your "whole house DVR" :)

Yep...worked like a charm...thanks to everyone for your input!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)