Two DVR's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

thedirtyjobs

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
Hey guys,

I have 2 of the Hughes DVR's. One is standard Def & one is High Def. The same remote control works on both.

Here is my problem. I have them both next to each other. So, if I use the remote, it changes both devices at the same time.

Is there a way to change the codes that one of them uses so that I can seperate the remote functions of one from the other?

Otherwise I guess i have to keep a piece of wood or something in front of the sensor and move it back and forth depending on what device i want to watch.

I appreciate your help.

thanks,
dan

From the Hughes HD DVR Manual:
Setting a Remote Address
If you have two recorders in the same house, you may want to assign a remote address to each remote control. This will prevent the crossing of signals between one recorder’s remote and the other’s.
1. If the recorders are both in the same room, cover the area around the shiny, dark plastic window on the front of one recorder. You can use a dark piece of cloth, a magazine, or anything thick and opaque. This prevents the recorder from receiving signals.
2. Point the remote control at the recorder for which you want to set the remote address.
Press the DIRECTV button, and select “Messages & Setup.” Select “System
Information,” and press the DOWN arrow until you see “Remote Address.”
3. Point the remote control away from the recorders, and cover the front end of the remote with your hand. Press and hold the PAUSE and DIRECTV buttons until the red light at the end of the remote control comes on and stays on when you release them.
4. Point the remote control at the recorder for which you want to set the remote address, and press the number “1”. Press the RIGHT arrow. On the screen, the “Remote Address” changes to 1. Exit System Information by pressing the DIRECTV button.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 on the second recorder and its remote control, pressing the number 2 for the second remote address.
The remote controls are now set to send signals exclusively to the recorder for which they are addressed. You may want to label the remote controls so that you remember which recorder they control. Addresses 1 to 9 are unique. 0 is a universal address, meaning it will try to control any recorder that “hears” its signal.

Lynskyn,

I appreciate the help. I bet this was listed as Remote Address in the back of the user manual & I didn't associate it with the Remote Control. My apologies for missing that.

Thanks for setting me on the right path!

thanks,
dan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)