TWO External Hard Drives?

You can have as many external hard drives as you want.

Make one drive just full of all your favorite Star Trek Episodes, another drive full of Cheers and a third for the best of Art Mann. :)

Its up to you. :D

The last time i count i was approaching 10 external hd that i have full of hd content dating back to the voom days.

Sent from my LG-P999 using SatelliteGuys

Just can't use them at the same time on the same receiver. Though, you can use them at the same time on different receivers.

downriver said:
I tried a hub a while back......years ago....to power a USB fan and manage the EHD.....did not work....maybe the wrong version?

Hub needs to be powered. I'm using a cheap powered hub works just fine for ehd fan and wifi.

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Technically, only one can be powered up at a time. You could have 3 EHDs connected to a hub (I use powered), and the hub to the receiver. Then only one EHD can be powered up, and it'll work. But this is getting fancy. Easier to just put them side by side and swap cables. That's what I did for a long time.

Technically, only one can be powered up at a time. You could have 3 EHDs connected to a hub (I use powered), and the hub to the receiver. Then only one EHD can be powered up, and it'll work. But this is getting fancy. Easier to just put them side by side and swap cables. That's what I did for a long time.

Yeah..........that seems to me to be the best way............my existing EHD is a WD......maybe if I buy another WD I'll luck out and the power cable will be interchangeable too...I don't leave it powered anyway. Good stuff....I didn't know that Dish eliminated all the old hassles with EHD's .......I went through a bunch of 622's a few years back and they had to send a hit to get 'em to work..the EHD's that is.

I have power switches on mine. All have the B USB cable end at the EHD. Just move to the selected one, and flip the switch.

Yep, Dish has certainly done well by us on this score.

I have a problem w/my EHD. Whenever I hook it up I'm told that there are too many devices attached to the USB. I only have one but it is the built in powered USB hub that it doesn't seem to like. So if I do soft reboot via the red button on the 722k it think everything it just fine. No complaints until I turn the EHD off and back on again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)