Two Faced B@stards

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
charper1 said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2495350

They are all about trying to make money selling their book by outting people they think broke the spirit of MLB.

BUT God forbid they help bring actual criminals to justice.

This is the two-faced nature of journalism that has turned the profession into the crap it is today.
I couldn't agree with you more. These guys and their newspaper are accessories to a crime (leaking Grand Jury testimony). Yet, they're allowed to profit from it; and the so-called unbiased media is worried about protecting their "rights." To me, it's a simple case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I agree with you guys 1000%, but WHY does the government need to get involved?? Aren't there some MORE IMPORTANT things to worry about?? Come on.... Do we to get government involved in EVERYTHING....???!!! The government wants to get involved..?? SHOW some BALLS and remove the exemption MLB unfairly has....other than that...stick to what the government does best......being useless....REGARDLESS of what party is in the White House.

No, steroids will be the downfall of the world and it must be stopped. If you allow steroids then the terrorists have won...or something like that...

Steroids have been in baseball since before most of these congressman ever got elected. Makes you wonder what brought this about, someone must have lost a LOT of money on the world series...Damn those astros!!!

The press didnt force anyone to take steriods. Its not their job to police the MLB. Its Bud Selig's and the previous commish they didnt, they turned a blind eye, and they belong in jail along with Bonds, Giambi and crew. That is the enema the MLB needs. But if those reporters did leak something then they should be in the jail cell with the rest of the trash.

Last edited:
We are talking about the reporters aiding and abetting the illegal deeds to get a story just to make money, that is the only issue of this thread. Not what MLB or any player did or didn't do. The reporters and journalists in general are setting a double standard and should have not right to complain while doing or encouraging the same basic things.

charper1 said:
We are talking about the reporters aiding and abetting the illegal deeds to get a story just to make money, that is the only issue of this thread. Not what MLB or any player did or didn't do. The reporters and journalists in general are setting a double standard and should have not right to complain while doing or encouraging the same basic things.

Fine....I agree with you again, BUT....the is no need for the FEDERAL government to get involved. Let federal government at the local level conduct their own investigation! This is what pisses me off about the federal government sometimes, again regardless of whom is in office, they stick their nose in it to show that 'see, we tried to do something' if their involvement fails....and want the glory if they get their end result. MLB is to blame, if they had a commissioner with balls instead of the owner's puppet in Bud Selig, I am almost 100% positive that commissioners office would have done something 'for the best interest for baseball'.

You took that as directed at you when it was just an explanation of what the thread topic was to remain and was not going to be hijacked to discuss players.

.I am not sure who should be involved at this point. Grand Jury testimony is of NO CONCERN to MLB. I assume at this point if is was a state issue, that state's government should be doing what the FED is trying to do. If it was a FED GJ, then THAT would be why they are involved, and should be. Leaking GJ testimony is a CRIME and MLB would have no business in handling that end.

EDIT: I went back and re-read and see it is a FED GJ - so the admin should be involved at some point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)