Two Fox Channels Moving...

Should've moved QVC then put FXX on 137.
FS2 should be on 151 just to make more sense unless they have plans for BeIN to be at 151 (but still that could easily be 149)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
151 is the college sports multi-channel view

hey guys and gals those two fox channels has already been moved already about a half hour ago they are both in sd. i want let you know about it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The on screen guide on my Hopper 3 gave no warning or alert that FS2 was moving channels.

I found out the hard way when I arrived home this evening, expecting to watch two UEFA Europa League football matches that aired live earlier today. Neither was recorded.

Why no alert from DISH?

Reactions: styxfix
That whole channel 231-254 neighborhood is really lousy real estate for those channels. Apparently Fox agreed. I think they are there to draw subs eyes to the paid ad channels. 233-239 is legacy Superstations, as well as RFDTV in legacy with Rural the recent addition. FWIW, I would like to see RFDTV, Rural, and 239-254 moved to the rest of the channel neigborhood.

Also, I was hoping that Dish would implement a channel scheme like the OTA's such as HBO 300 and subsequents being .1, .2, etc. just like the SirirusXM channels and the RSN's are on the Hoppper. This scheme would be great for ESPN's and other channels that have multiple channels like Hallmarks. This would mean more services could fit in the current neigborhoods of 105-199 and 200's and 300's without having to worry about running out of channels or putting channels in odd places or splitting up like services, like the current situation.

That would be one GREAT upgrade that may be worth any short-term grief. I would be all for it. I sometimes forget to scan the 240's to 254 neighborhood a lot.

The on screen guide on my Hopper 3 gave no warning or alert that FS2 was moving channels.

I found out the hard way when I arrived home this evening, expecting to watch two UEFA Europa League football matches that aired live earlier today. Neither was recorded.

Why no alert from DISH?
This was posted on the 7th, that was two days before the move AND the move happened a day before the Europa matches. Only yourself to blame for not double checking your timer schedule.

This was posted on the 7th, that was two days before the move AND the move happened a day before the Europa matches. Only yourself to blame for not double checking your timer schedule.
A bit harsh? Thinking a channel is staying in place isn't a reckless assumption. Sadly, for me, they could put a notice in the banner and I probably wouldn't have read it anyway.

A bit harsh? Thinking a channel is staying in place isn't a reckless assumption. Sadly, for me, they could put a notice in the banner and I probably wouldn't have read it anyway.
Maybe if he had been on vacation, but if you're home you really should be checking at least once a day to make sure your timers are firing and if everything looks right regardless if a channel may move or not.

Maybe if he had been on vacation, but if you're home you really should be checking at least once a day to make sure your timers are firing and if everything looks right regardless if a channel may move or not.

I check my timers every Sunday for the following week schedule. Every morning I check again that day's timers to make sure they are all correct. This helps keep the wife happy happy.

I check my timers every Sunday for the following week schedule. Every morning I check again that day's timers to make sure they are all correct. This helps keep the wife happy happy.
Yup! Especially if you have news/sports timers they sometimes fluctuate of move among the family of networks due to live events

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)