Two free Dish PPView coupons

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
Just received an email from Dish giving me two free pay per view coupons. Did everyone get them because of the price increase or is this just a come on to get you to try the PPV movies, hoping I will come back for more and pay.

OK. Dumb question, how do I use them? I have received them in the past, but have never redeemed one. Do you have to call in and order the movie? Can you redeem it after you have ordered via the remote?

No, you have to go to your online account and order the PPV movie online putting in the coupon number at the order point. If you do not have an online account, they are easy to setup. Also, the coupon numbers are listed in your account, so you do not even have to keep the email.

It was the most nondescript email I ever saw so it's anyone's guess if was because of the increase or something else. In the past they have usually made a point of saying it was an anniversary or a way of saying thanks but this time it just basically said - here are 2 PPV certificates.

Did everyone get them because of the price increase or is this just a come on to get you to try the PPV movies, hoping I will come back for more and pay.
I received the e-mail as well. I think they're trying to renew interest in their PPV offering and they're giving them away instead of making the pricing more competitive.

One on each DISH account I have. Already got credits for the next three months last month + 3 free months of Starz/Showtime/Cinemax so it all evens out.

The poop is about to hit the fan next month with a price increase, so they are throwing us a bone with the freebees. A subscriber since April 1997and the old model 4000 days (that I had to purchase outright and install myself), it looks like I will be dropping Dish (well kinda') and going with Sling TV on one of my three Roku boxes (well, one at a time) to (kinda') get the 'a la carte (kinda') that I have been waiting for since 1997 (wife can't live without DIY and HGTV) and that I will now only be paying $20 a month for, instead of paying for all the crap DISH channels that I am NOW paying for ($$$$) and never watch, but am forced to pay for, for the FIVE channels we actually watch on Dish. I know, too many commas, but you get my train of thought... sheesh Dish, just make us pay for what we want to watch. Perhaps the people dropping the main Dish service and going with Sling TV next month (I am not one of the Generation X, Y, or whatever, but a born in 1952 Baby-boomers) will be the crack in the dam that will burst forth real change with the monopoly, money grubbing programmers.

Reactions: SpencerCat
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421379449.150368.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got one and if anyone wants to use it that hasn't got an e-mail for free PPV pm me and I will give you code!! Thanks and hope you enjoy!! :)

Boooo. All I got was free sports pack. We don't watch sports.
We do watch tons of movies. Wish I got two PPVs instead

Note that the coupons are only good up to $6.99 so you won't be able to use them for any of the $7.99 movies (which we found out the hard way).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts